Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Dreams and Accomplishments

Charles is growing so quickly!  He has loved standing in my lap since he was about two months old, but just this week, his strength and balance, while not perfect, has allowed him to stand up on the floor on his own two legs while I just held his right hand.  Over Christmas, while he watched William play with their cousins, I could see Charles watching them and wanting to join in their play.  His desire to stand seems to speak to that.

Just today, Charles rolled from his back to his belly.  William had told me he was about to roll when I was putting away laundry this afternoon.  It was when I put Charles down for a nap and heard him crying from his crib that I found him on his belly, very upset to be stuck that way.  If only he could remember that he has rolled from front to back a couple of times already.  Then he could save himself!

The last couple of days, Charles has entertained himself by blowing raspberries.  He is so cute just lying in his play gym or sitting in my lap with his little lips pursed blowing his little noises.

Tonight, Charles did not want to go to sleep.  In fact, for the last few days he has been much more interested in the world around him than going to sleep.  There is just too much that he would miss.  Finally I got him to go to sleep while nursing him downstairs.  When I got up to take him to his crib, his little eyes opened up again.  I put him in my bed for a few minutes while I could change into pajamas.  He held his daddy's hand and almost fell asleep.  When I came back into the room, the eyes popped open again.  I sat down next to him, and he cuddled his little body next to me until he dozed again.  I once again tried to transport him to his bed, but he woke up and beamed the most beautiful smile.  I gave him his puppy lovey which he fingers each night, and I gave him his passy.  He didn't want it in his mouth, but he held onto it, picking it up and placing it right in front of his lips until he was comfortable enough to drift off once again.  Then peace drifted over that angelic face as he began his dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment