So let me tell you about my morning. Roofing company calls to tell me the roofing guys are minutes away to repair the drip in my roof, so I have no time for a shower. They don't see a problem--the roof is good. I had to go up to the attic to show where the drip is; they banged on the roof, saying it was the "easement," (Ithink--it was hard to understand his accent)and then they left without telling me. I will have to call to find out if all is good.
Later, Charles hid in the corner of my bedroom and grunted, so I took him to the potty. He pooped a little, so I cleaned him up and he ran away. That is normal silliness for him--running away. I went to get his diaper and found him back in the corner with a puddle on a newspaper and Pluto's plush snout wet. (Playing puppy a little too seriously?!?) I cleaned up the floor and am working on Pluto. Finally I got my shower. As I was putting on my face lotion, Charles comes in holding out his hands signaling he needed me to clean them. They were covered in poopy!!! He had reached in his diaper and squished the BM all over. He had also stepped in some and had a trail from downstairs all the way into my bathroom. I took him to the bathtub to clean him--first having to take all the toys out to keep them from being contaminated. He wanted to swim and splash the poopy water everywhere. I got him cleaned, dressed, and then gated him in his room so that I could clean the trail upstairs and down the steps where there was a mass squished in the front of one carpeted step in addition to the dots left from his hands pulling him up the stairs. I finally made it into the den where I found two squished patches in front of the sofa on the carpet and print marks on the sofa cover where he had pulled himself up off the floor.
The sofa cover is in the wash, his stained shirt is in the wash. Pluto is drying from enzyme spray. Charles is still penned in his room.
No comments:
Post a Comment