Friday, February 21, 2014

Lost at Kohls

After the tantrums in the previous post, I dared to run a couple of errands. Charles and I went to Staples to get markers for the church's Sunday School retreat, and he was good again, happily oohing over the many colors of Sharpies. Then I walked him to the next stores, Kohls, where they have the Cat in the Hat Beginning Reader books in their $5 Kohls Cares for Kids collection. We picked out the books we don't already own, and Charles had fun playing with the Hands, Hands, Fingers, Thumb plush monkey. Then with a mischievous grin, Charles ran into the women's clothes section across the aisle. No sooner had I said, "That's how you get lost!" he was gone. I called his name, but no answer. I could hear little feet running, so I tried following the sound. Then no running feet. I called him again, and no answer. I backtracked, thinking he had turned in to the dressing room. No. Now concern as I start thinking of all the possibilities. There were do many close racks if clothes that it was impossible to get a good view. Finally, I went up to a store employee to tell her I had lost my two-year-old. Another mother overheard me and said she saw a little boy running through the big boy clothes. Just as I headed that way, here comes a grinning Charles, still playing his game. He saw me and jumped into another rack if clothes. He just giggled as I pulled him out. We bought the books with him squirming in my arms and I drove him straight home for his nap. Done.

No comments:

Post a Comment