Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Broken baby?

Charles woke up at 2:00 am Sunday morning holding the left side of his neck and crying "ow." I got him a grape tablet and turned on the tv to try to distract him from his pain, but he was still crying for over an hour. The day before, he and William had been jumping off the bed again, and that night, they rode on Daddy Neigh. 
Of course they had to slide off the side of their horse. I figured he may have pulled a muscle. But Sunday morning as we were getting ready for church, he was really favoring his left arm and cried out when his arm was lifted to change his clothes. He also flinched and drew back when I pressed his left collar bone. More Tylenol and a FaceTime call to Granddaddy--put compresses on it. After church, he had a little knot on his collar bone. 

Now I was wondering if he had a fracture. We called our pediatrician, but he is still in the hospital, so we got the pediatrician on call, he said if there was a fracture, there is not much that can be done, but again use hot and cold compresses. If he was still complaining Monday, bring him in. Overnight, the bump diminished (still there, but not as large) and I can press on it without Charles shying away or crying out. It is now Tuesday. There is still a little knot and he is saying "ow" again, but I can press the collar bone without recoil. He can also lift his arm over his head with no problem. Oh, this boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment